Don’t Let Christmas Kill You: A Woman’s Guide to Avoiding Financial Disaster, Relational Crisis and Holiday Hysteria is a book for every woman who both loves and dreads the holiday season.
It does seem that the holiday season is out to kill us, doesn’t it?
If we do survive, it feels as if the bank account has been depleted, relationships are hanging on by a thread and we’re physically, emotionally and mentally DEPLETED ….at least until the season comes around again.
I know about this because I went through it myself. I loved the holidays but got caught up in the busyness, in the activity, in trying to create a magical holiday for myself and those around me that the wonder and joy were completely lost.
Each year, on December 26th, I’d wake up, groggily pour myself a huge cup of coffee, sit down and think, Next year, Christmas will be better. I’ll be less stressed, I’ll manage my schedule better and I’ll really experience the joy I’m hoping for.
I did that for years.
And then I realized I needed to change. I started to ask myself, ‘how can I get the wonder back? How could the holiday season really be different? Is it possible or am I chasing a holiday fantasy that doesn’t exist?
Some years we feel more like the Grinch than Santa Claus. The demands on our schedule, bank account and emotions are enough to send us to the North Pole to hibernate until the New Year.
We know Christmas won’t really kill us, but it gets pretty close. Constant activity, increasing demands, and an “always on” mentality wears us down. Most of us never take the time to recuperate.
Through sharing her own often awkward and humorous journey, I share what she’s learned and the simple practices that have returned the joy and wonder to the Christmas season.
In this book, you’ll discover:
- A fun and creative way to set the mood for the season (you might want to create these fun Christmas Vision Boards with your kids)
- The importance of adding a “Quiet December Night” to your schedule. This has been one of the game changers to going from frenetic to joyful
- How to wake up on December 26th with no – or very few! – regrets about the season
- Practical financial ideas. How I cleaned up my holiday money mess and what might work for you
- How to create a schedule that works for you
- Creative ways to deal with the difficult and negative people during the holidays
- Remembering simple and sacred practices to add meaning and purpose to the season
Discover how making simple changes can begin to bring back the magic of the season.