I strike a match to light a vanilla-cinnamon candle. The flame erupts and I go to pour myself a cup of coffee in my favorite Christmas red mug. I curl up in chair and dip the paintbrush into the water.
And I let out a sigh.
It’s finally time to create.
No email. No work. No demands. No food to cook. No pressure.
The tree lights are on, blanketing the room in that magical soft light as my favorite Christmas music plays.
I close my eyes to consider what to paint first.
Maybe it’s lots and lots of wreaths, with evergreen branches heavy with ribbons and pinecones.
Maybe it’s a scene of a home lit up inside with warm light. A Christmas tree flanks the front window with ornaments and a brown cat is curled up on an upper windowsill. Outside, the chilly night is reflected with snow laded trees and a snowman with a crooked grin.
An imaginary scene plays out in my mind. A smile comes as I lay down the paintbrush and take the pencil to sketch out my idea.
I know too well what it is like to spend the holiday season in perpetual doing and activity, yet never get around to enjoying and savoring the beauty and joy of the season.
This year, why not stop the hustle and bustle and step into the joy of the season by creating a set of watercolor Christmas paintings in my course, “Home for the Holidays?”
It doesn’t have to be a lot of time.
A few thirty- or sixty-minute breaks of painting can make a difference in your outlook, your energy, and your mood for the month while re-igniting a bit of the wonder of the Christmas season.
These holiday homes and scenes will build up your own anticipation and wonder for the “most wonderful time of the year.”
Together we will create cozy scenes that light up our hearts with a sense of warmth, joy, and all the feelings of Christmas.
Turn off the noise and the stress and enter a world of cozy, calm and sweet watercolor magic with me this December.
This is a low pressure, fun painting Christmas course. Each workshop within the course is designed to be finished in less than an hour!
Together, we will create:
- A night in December: paint a starry sky with a simple, cozy home. I’ll show you how to add in details to contrast the warmth and festivity of the home against the cold night.
- A merry holiday home that is probably more Christmas-y than we’d ever want to LIVE in, but would be a delightful place to visit for a weekend in December
- A welcoming door opening into a warm home flanked by a “Charlie Brown” Christmas tree and wreath on the door. This scene looks like the heart of Christmas.
- Tall, Christmas homes where we blend images and words to create a festive art piece
- Inspired by Paris: Create an American street inspired by the French! The colors are a bit unconventional (pinks & blues) but the effect is pure holiday happiness!
- Plus more! Over 7 hours of workshops.
How much experience is needed to complete this course?
If it’s been a while or you’ve never painted with watercolors, you will create lovely paintings by the end! I teach with basic shapes so that as many as possible can experience the joy of painting holiday homes.
If you are feeling a bit wobbly in painting with watercolors, consider this an invitation to play!
I recommend you start with the “Bonus: painting the extras” session and build your confidence in creating snow families, holiday wreaths, and Christmas trees.
If you’ve painted with watercolors before, it will be easier to jump into this course.
This course was created for everyone who loves home and the holidays. More experienced creators will enjoy making their own details and unique add-ons.
Can I Give These as Gifts?
Yes! Consider the possibilities:
- Create several paintings for your own scrapbooking, journaling and collage creating (I have a special bonus section focusing on the fun “extras” of scenes. Doodlers will love this)
- Create special gifts to send in the mail to brighten the mantles (and faces) of loved ones
By the end of ‘Home for the Holidays’ course you will:
- Completed 4 – 6 (or many more!) paintings of homes, trees, wreaths decorated and ready for the holidays
- Experienced the joy of creating without having to decide what to paint
- Learned how to take one basic design and put your own creative “spin” on it to create your own design
- Increased your confidence in your abilities to create beautiful art!
- Have art ready to be displayed as décor in your home or given as gifts to family and friends
Creating your own gifts and décor is a satisfying and fulfilling accomplishment.
You can purchase the course here and start painting today!
What You’ll Receive
- All workshops accessible immediately
- List of Supplies
- Bonus! A Lecture on Color Theory (it’s a fun class, I promise) showing shortcuts on how to choose and implement different color themes for eye-catching scenes
- Bonus! “Paint the Extras” class with instruction on swapping out different things in paintings to create your own special home scene
Plus, a Special Bonus is being added to Home for the Holidays:
- A bonus workshop being added to the course in December: “A Christmas Church: Inspired by the Carols of Christmas.”
You can register for the course here. You’ll immediately be given access to the course and all the bonus material.
Even if you only have two time slots to create in December – I know how busy and fast the month is – you will be able to create at least two full paintings.
This may be the ideal class to help decrease the sense of stress and anxiety and recapture a bit of the wonder Christmas is.
The cost for this course is only $49! Register here and start painting today!
If you have any questions, please reach out to me: email@example.com